If an article that you need is in a journal that another UH Library has, you can request the article be scanned and emailed to you. Here are the instructions:
- Locate the article in a database like PubMed and click the "find it" button; an article linker page should open.
- Verify that the article is not available online (Step 1).
- Click the "ISSN" or "Journal Title" links to see if the journal is available at a UH Library.
- In the journal record, check the holdings information to verify that the volume you need is available.
- Click "Get This Item" in the blue box on the upper right side of
- Log in with your Library barcode and last name or UH username and
password (same as for UH email).
- Click on "JABSOM Fac/Student/Staff Article Request."
- Fill in the article citation information.
- Put your email in the comment field.
The article will be emailed to you within 1-5 days.